FREE WEBINAR: BLOCKCHAIN DATA INTEGRITY FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
Pharma companies and distributors are actively pursuing blockchain technology to enhance supply chain security and traceability. Blockchains create an unalterable, tamperproof record of key events and data throughout the supply chain. This record can then be verified at any time, allowing pharma companies to detect when counterfeit or inferior drugs enter the supply chain and prevent them from ever making it to the retail shelf.
Listen as Bob Celeste, Founder of the Center for Supply Chain Studies, and Cryptowerk, discuss the challenges, considerations and best practices for using blockchain to create digital trust solutions for enterprise supply chains.
- Interoperability: Which blockchain should you choose and why?
- Implementation: How to connect your blockchain to your existing enterprise applications
- Portability: How to future proof your blockchain-powered application
- Scalability: Best practices for creating enterprise-ready blockchain applications
- Security: How to ensure your sensitive data stays private
Blockchain in Pharma Use Cases
Blockchains offer pharmaceutical companies many of the key capabilities they need to achieve these digital transformation goals, including:
- More easily and securely complying with regulations like DSCSA and the EU regulations by enabling pharma companies to more securely attach metadata to transactions, enhancing their ability to communicate information up and down the supply chain.
- Reducing leakage and theft by enhancing track and trace solutions with an unalterable digital record of each item’s movement through the manufacturing and logistics chain, fitting to various different supply chain technologies and systems.
- More accurately identifying counterfeit items, since their provenance could not be proved.